Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Poetry: Three by Thurlow

Three poems by Scott Thurlow for your enjoyment:

The Incentives of Incendiaries
Things aren't currently going so well
There isn't a hope in hell
And I'm left with a dwindling box of shells
But I'm not going out quite that easily
I've still got a trick or two up my sleeve
The trick that I've rigged should blaze up so, so beautifully
When they finally come to eat me

Knock, Knock
Knock knock
Whose there?
Your former grandmother
or maybe your former neighbor
They're hungry
Can you spare a cup of brains?
Sorry, fresh out, try next door
It'll be safer when
there is no door left
to knock on

Ring Out Your Dead
Bullets, gun or run
You'd better pick one
or you will be done
No more having fun
When they come
Faster, faster
they're coming up the path
better do something now
or it'll be your last
head shots, head shots
and they all
fall
down

No comments:

Post a Comment